Toggle mobile menu visibility

Specialist fostering

Children with special educational needs or disabilities may need a specialist foster carer. You may already have experience of this kind of care, or may have transferable skills from your place of work. Training is available.

A man a boy and a dog

All sorts of people have the skills to work with children who need more specialist care. You may have worked in a SEND (special education needs & disabilities) school or other setting. You may have personal experience from your own family or close friends. Perhaps you were a healthcare assistant, nurse, or carer at some point in your career, or you may just be interested in working with children with disabilities. 

Full training will be given so that you can foster with confidence, whether for respite care, short- or longer-term opportunities. 

Supporting children with complex needs and helping their familes, who might be struggling to cope, is very satisfying."


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon